So often we hear that to lose weight you need to eat right. However, if you ask, most do not know what breakfast should also be, which will give useful substances to our body and start the right processes for weight loss. And all because we put different meanings in the concept of "proper nutrition".
Some praise the protein diet, sharing the results, others talk about the damage this diet can cause to the body, others advocate mono diets and still others with both hands for fasting. How not to get lost in this din of ideas and what to eat to lose weight?
In fact, there is only one truth: "eat less than you spend, remembering that food must be nutritious". Also, the nutritional value of food is not a calorie content. Nutritious food is a food rich in vitamins, dietary fiber, proteins, minerals, fats and carbohydrates.
It's actually not that difficult to create a menu for your daily diet, you just need to take your time, be patient and use the right information. And throw out from your arsenal all means that supposedly should help you lose weight without your participation.
Proper nutrition for weight loss: the importance of vitamins in our diet
In modern realities, even eating healthy and natural products, it is impossible to give all the necessary substances to a person. Especially if we are trying to limit calories. Therefore, it is important to choose for yourself a vitamin and mineral complex, which has everything to replenish the daily deficiency of these substances. And let your gaze do not stop at vitamins for those trying to lose weight, anything "to lose weight", more often than not, is not a long-term benefit to those who are losing weight. And we don't need a temporary result, right?
What and how to eat to lose weight: what carbohydrates are needed?
The problem in the diet of the vast majority of people is the choice of "fast" carbohydrates, but they do not give us a feeling of fullness, they are instantly absorbed into the bloodstream, increase the level of sugar in it, causing subsequent hunger and excessof weight. Another thing is "slow" carbohydrates, which work exactly the opposite, so you can choose from the following list when composing a menu for yourself for the day:
- A serving of buckwheat or
- A serving of brown rice or
- A serving of brown oatmeal or
- A portion of wholemeal pasta or
- A serving of millet or
- A portion of wholemeal bread or
- A portion of yeast-free bread (rice, buckwheat, oats, rye) without sugar or
- A portion of wholemeal pita (unleavened bread) or
- A serving of baked potatoes.
There should be two servings of this type of "slow" carbohydrate per day: in the morning and in the afternoon. So you won't feel hungry in the evening.
What you can eat to lose weight: proteins and amino acids
Without protein, it's hard to imagine a healthy diet, especially for those who exercise, because protein helps build muscle tissue. Whoever does not eat protein, loses weight due to muscle mass, and then with surprise and despair observes how the lost weight returns after a while. As a snack, protein has many benefits. Proteins are found in:
- lean meats;
- egg whites;
- fish and seafood;
- chicken meat;
- cheeses (low-fat, not more than 25% fat);
- low-fat dairy products.
What is allowed to eat to lose weight: vegetables, fiber, fat and fruit
Do not remove fats from your diet, because there are healthy fats, in addition, the role of fats in weight loss is very significant. So you know: 2 tbsp. vegetable oil or 30 grams of your favorite nuts: your daily intake of healthy fats.
For those who are losing weight, the right menu should include unsweetened fruit (300 grams) and vegetables (300-400 grams). This amount will provide the necessary fiber, dietary fiber, which also helps reduce weight.
What fruits and vegetables can you use to lose weight?
You can eat any vegetables except canned peas and corn - these are "fast" carbohydrates, no benefits.
And for fruits, stick to this rule: banana, mango, grape - they are eaten "one by one" in the morning, no later than two in the afternoon.
What should the portion be?
- If you eat porridge, there should be as much porridge on your plate as can fit in both hands, no more.
- Your palm is the size of a piece of meat or fish.
- You can eat as many vegetables and fruit as there are in two of your palms, plus the same amount.
- Slices of bread or loaves - 30 grams (two slices).
- A glass of milk or kefir.
- Natural yogurt - 100 ml.
- 180 grams of cottage cheese.
- Replace sweets with dried fruit (2-3 pieces at a time), honey, homemade jam or dark chocolate (no more than 20 grams).
Menu, how to eat well and lose weight
For women trying to lose weight by eating the right foods, the menu should look like this:
- Breakfast: lentil porridge (pearl barley or corn porridge, unpolished rice) plus boiled chicken breast, herbs.
- Snack (second breakfast): 1 apple and 250 ml of kefir or a handful of walnuts, or 2-3 plums.
- Lunch: soup or fish soup, stewed or boiled fish, vegetable salad, poured 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Snack (afternoon snack): grated carrots with nuts.
- Dinner: cottage cheese with sour cream or seafood salad or turkey with boiled broccoli.
Such a slimming menu is exemplary, focusing on it, you can compose your diet, which will not violate your nutrition, but will help to properly reduce weight.
Do not overeat, if you feel the need to spend a day of fasting, "sit down" the day with kefir, celery soup, apples. At a party, give up on fatty foods, you can afford a glass of dry wine, but if only it does not whet your appetite.
What else should you give up?
Manipulating weight loss, many give advice without going into details: carbohydrates at one time began to be considered the enemy of the figure, without specifying that there are useful and harmful carbohydrates, then they began to aggressively attack thefat because of their calories happy, without specifying, that without fat we will not have a sense of satiety, we also have proteins.
You can actually eat almost anything, by limiting yourself in quantity and combining foods correctly. The list of frankly harmful foods that must be removed from the diet is not that vast:
- Forget potato chips and salty nuts.
- Popcorn, popular lately, is a source of trans fat and chemical flavor enhancers.
- Stop buying instant noodles, mashed potatoes or packaged soups.
- Store-bought baked goods for long-term storage.
- Ready meals, especially fried fish with MSG and fried cakes.
Not only do these foods have no nutritional value, they can even damage the entire digestive tract (intestine, liver, kidneys).
Otherwise, you have a large selection of products for your daily menu, combine them correctly, do not overeat, move a lot and gradually you will achieve the goals you have set for yourself.