There are many reasons why a person might want to lose weight. Often the desire to lose weight is caused by a worsening of well-being due to being overweight. In order for the human body to function fully, a balanced diet is required, which contains the following components:
- optimal ratio of fats, proteins and carbohydrates;
- trace elements;
- vitamins and minerals;
- Sufficient liquid.
If a person consumes food that does not have enough nutrients, they face health problems, including being overweight.
Losing weight is possible with a modified diet containing foods that help you lose weight. This food is saturated with substances necessary for a person and, consuming it, restores the metabolism. Diet foods include:
- lean meat;
- sea fish;
- nuts and dried fruit.
There are also so-called "slimming products", foods that contain natural fat burners (citrus, spices). It heats the body and directly affects the metabolic rate. Diet foods are easy to find on supermarket shelves and when you add them to your meal plan, you will quickly feel the effect.
Which foods contribute to weight loss
The so-called "slimming food" is a common natural product that helps to lose weight when consumed regularly. People often forget to include them in their diet due to their relatively low popularity and nutritional value. However, even if you use them as a snack, you will appreciate their effectiveness over time.
Foods that affect weight loss:
- Grapefruit. This fruit directly affects weight loss, as it contains fat-burning components. It is recommended to consume it after breakfast or no later than 4 hours before going to bed.
- Spicy spices. Mustard, vinegar, black and red peppers: these spices contribute to weight loss thanks to their warming properties, which stimulate the metabolism. Add them to meals to spice up the flavor and boost metabolism.
- Wholemeal products. Bread, pasta, and whole grains are also foods that can help you lose weight. They are not digested by the intestine, but swell in the stomach and pass through it "in transit", capturing toxins and harmful substances along the way.
Foods like these can lead to weight loss, even if you don't significantly change your diet. However, they shouldn't be abused. The above products can reduce weight only if they are moderate in the diet, and excessive consumption can cause a number of unpleasant diseases and interfere with the result.
List of diet foods for weight loss
Among food products, the same dish can cause different reactions in the body depending on the method of preparation. Proper nutrition for weight loss has a list of features:
- low fat content in food;
- cooking mainly with steam or in the oven;
- lack of a large amount of sunflower or butter;
- minimum quantity of salt and sugar;
- mostly low or medium calories.
Weight loss foods are low on the glycemic index for lasting satiety and relief from overeating.For the effect of losing weight, it is not necessary to eat only healthy foods - you can reduce weight by increasing physical activity (so that the number of calories consumed is greater than that consumed).
Healthy food will saturate the body with substances that will accelerate the result. If you are having a hard time developing a habit, start doing it gradually - you can eat junk food at first, but in significantly smaller quantities.
The top 10 foods recommended for weight loss include:
- white meat;
- fish fillets;
- low-fat fermented milk products;
- green tea and coffee.
Even the best high quality foods can hinder weight loss when consumed in the wrong quantities.
Calculate your daily calorie intake using an online calculator and track your daily quota to get the most out of your diet. Also, do not forget about the balance: for weight loss, the ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates in permitted products should be 5: 1: 2.
Foods with protein content actively affect metabolic processes, as the body needs 2 times longer to digest it than easily digestible fats and carbohydrates. Therefore, the body spends more energy (calories), causing weight loss. The benefits of meat include nutritional value, high levels of amino acids and minerals.
Basic rules for the selection of meat during a diet:
- Choose lean varieties (chicken, turkey, rabbit) and remove the skin beforehand - it contains saturated fatty acids.
- Avoid fried foods with a lot of oil. It will be optimal to bake the fillets in the oven, stew or boil.
- Don't use too much salt. Try to eat less salty foods, as salt tends to accumulate excess fluid in your body.
- Accompany the meat with a side dish. Vegetables contain fermented dietary fiber which is best absorbed with animal products. The topping will help the stomach digest the meat for maximum benefit.
- Whenever possible, prefer homemade meat and poultry instead of store-bought ones. Convenience foods often contain hormones that affect human health.
Marine fish contain valuable Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. Their regular consumption in food increases immunity and strengthens the body. Due to the presence of amino acids and vitamins D, A, B1, B2, B3, B12, the absorption of calcium and phosphorus increases, which ultimately leads to a decrease in excess body weight.
For quick weight loss, you should pay attention to the following types of fish:
- sea bass;
Fish should be included in any diet, as this unique product is capable of supplying the body with important low-calorie substances.
Dairy products have a high nutritional value and contain useful trace elements: calcium, protein and vitamin A. When losing weight, you can eat and drink the following types of dairy products:
- cottage cheese;
- fermented cooked milk;
- hard cheese;
- curdled milk.
It is advisable to choose low-fat, but not fat-free foods at all, as some nutrients are lost in this case. The body spends a lot of energy on assimilating proteins, which are contained in these products in sufficient quantities. Dairy and fermented milk products are perfect for snacking in everyday life and for losing weight.
Vegetables and herbs
Naturally grown food is a treasure trove of vitamins. Among vegetables, there are many foods that can help you lose weight:
- Cucumbers. A vegetable is made up of almost 80% water, which is so necessary for the body. It has a diuretic effect, which allows you to cleanse the body of toxins and provoke an increase in the work of internal organs.
- Broccoli and cabbage. Due to their high fiber content, vegetables are not fully digested, being a kind of "cleansing sponge" for the intestine. Their action not only helps you lose weight but also prevents weight gain by controlling hormones.
- Spinach. This plant contains many vitamins: A, E, C, B6, K, as well as thiamin, riboflavin, folic acid, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc and copper. When body weight changes, the body needs replenishment, which can be provided by nutrient-dense vegetables.
Fresh vegetables and herbs contain the optimum amount of beneficial elements. In the summer-autumn season, you can enjoy them straight from the beds, and in the winter roll them up in banks.
Fruits and berries
Fruits and berries can be used as a healthy dessert. They have a natural sweetness and a mix of trace elements, vitamins, fibers and pectins. The last two elements work well with each other, allowing the body to get rid of toxins, harmful substances and extra pounds.
Fruits and berries that help in weight loss:
The most dietary ones are grapefruit (28 calories per 100 grams) and oranges (35 calories per 100 grams). These foods will help you achieve the fat-burning effect and, when combined with the correct nutrition plan and exercise, will promote weight loss.
The main advantage of cereals is the presence of fiber - an important element that detoxifies the body, which leads to weight loss. An important nuance is the whole grain in the composition. These cereals include:
- wild and brown rice;
- wholemeal bread and pasta;
- durum wheat products;
With the help of all the above cereals, you can lose weight, as they are low in calories, but high in nutritional value. They can be used in the form of side dishes, cereals, flour products.
It is imperative to cook food without oil and with a minimum of salt. In this case, they will not only help you lose weight, but also carry out a powerful detoxification of the body, bringing invaluable benefits.
The ideal slimming drink for its convenience and simplicity is pure natural water.Involves stored fat in metabolic processes. By getting enough, your liver will focus on burning fat rather than restoring water balance.
In addition to water, there are other drinks that can help speed up your metabolism and lose extra pounds:
- Green tea. The drink is rich in antioxidants, minerals and contains elements that quench your thirst well. Doctors recommend drinking green tea to reduce toxins, toxins, heavy metal salts in the gut and improve overall health.
- Coffee. The daily habit of drinking coffee can increase your metabolic rate, energize your body and recharge it for the new day. It is better to give preference to green, unroasted coffee.
- Homemade fat burning drinks. By mixing fat-burning foods (ginger, cucumber, lemon, lime) with water in optimal proportions, you get your own detox smoothie that will restore water balance and contribute to weight loss.
Adults are advised to drink 1. 5 to 2 liters of clear liquid per day. The individual rate can be calculated using online calculators.
The combination of products for fast and high quality weight loss
Diet foods can work even better when consumed with the right food. It works in reverse - sometimes even low-fat foods may have no effect. Food compatibility is a factor that can both speed up results and slow them down. Among the best combinations of food and food:
- Protein with vegetables. It is advisable to eat meat with a side dish precisely because this combination allows the body to completely digest both fibers and animal proteins.
- Greens with proteins. After eating protein foods, the intestines become acidic. Greens form an alkaline environment that balances them.
- Fat with proteins. The combination gives a feeling of fullness for long hours and controls blood sugar levels.
- Coffee with fruit. Both products are quickly absorbed and saturate the body strongly, which will intensely burn fat and lead to rapid weight loss.
- Dried fruit with nuts. If you want something sweet, try the dried fruit alternative. They contain fructose and reduce appetite and, in combination with nuts, have a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
Nutrition designed for weight loss should be balanced and varied. Remember, the process of losing weight healthily is a long process. To get the effect, don't overdo it with fast weight loss foods. If during the diet you crave a specific thing unbearably, eat it, only in small quantities.
Some foods should be avoided during any diet. Despite the fact that most of them are tasty, they do not benefit the body, most often making the situation even worse. Foods that interfere with weight loss:
- fast food and snacks;
- foods with a high sugar content;
- sweet carbonated drinks;
- muffins and pastries;
- semi-finished products;
- canned food;
- sauces shop;
- refined oil.
Also, you should not get carried away by low-fat products (cottage cheese, milk, yogurt), as they use a technology that is harmful to the body and the final product does not contain most of the nutrients. You don't have to completely give up sweets and switch to sugar-free foods. It is enough to significantly limit their consumption and switch to dietary alternatives. You can replace what you want with diet products aimed at losing weight. For example, instead of popcorn, you can eat roasted nuts with stevia and replace sweets with dried fruit.
With the right approach to nutrition and exercise, you can easily take your desired shape. Having properly drafted a nutrition plan, you will not only achieve your goal, but also benefit the body by improving and strengthening it comprehensively.